ABOUT MOLD2019-01-15T11:22:36+00:00

Mold FAQs

Yes, mold can be dangerous. How dangerous it is depends on the type, though, as well as your personal circumstances. For example, some types of mold are more dangerous if you have asthma. Mold has the potential to cause respiratory problems and allergic reactions.

Extensive mold coverage can become harmful. Alongside making life dangerous for those with respiratory conditions, it’s bad news for people with a low immune system. Individuals who are particularly at risk include those with COPD, emphysema, and asthma.

Whether you’re healthy or suffering from a respiratory condition, mold can affect you. As the CDC reports, mold is linked to coughs, wheezes, and chest infections in otherwise healthy individuals.

Unfortunately, bleach doesn’t get rid of mold. Many people think that it does, as applying bleach to moldy areas results in a fresher look. However, it isn’t the right substance for killing mold spores, which means it will keep returning.

Mold is an airborne substance and damp areas attract it. It probably exists outside your home, but finds it difficult to thrive on the inside thanks to dry conditions. If you allow your property to become damp, however, this can change. Initially, the mold is invisible, but might still cause musty odors and respiratory problems.

You can use products such as KLIZ to banish a significant amount of mold. However, KLIZ won’t reach every surface or household object carrying the spores. Because of this, there’s always a chance that mold will redevelop. Your best option is to use a professional mold removal service.

If you’re looking for mold remediation services in Maryland, call us at 410-630-4775.